IFEMA’s Madrid venue hosted on Wednesday the second day of Global Mobility Call event with Academic and President of UN Sustainable Development solution network, Jeffrey Sachs, speaking about the European leadership on sustainable mobility. This unique congress brings together all stakeholders with the goal of boosting decarbonization, connectivity and digitalisation, building on the opportunities offered by post-pandemic recovery plans.
The three-day world congress is organised by IFEMA MADRID and Smobhub, and sponsored by the Spanish Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda.
In her speech, the CEO and co-founder of ADOO AI, Ayesha Kanna, explained the concept of 15-minutes city as a vision for sustainable mobility.
In addition, the founder of Waze spoke about the importance of regulating the autonomous vehicle market.
Madrid’s mayor Jose Luis Rodriguez Almeida visited the event and mentioned the importance of fighting pollution.
GMC is organized around the key mobility challenges: New Urban Planning, Economic Development & Regulation, Sustainable Transportation, Tech, Data & Innovation, and Future Society, which integrates three major movements with an impact on society: New Generation, Rural Challenge, and New Economy.
There is also a forum dedicated to Latin America with international experts.
Madrid, Spain June 15 2022
1. GLOBAL MOBILITY CALL SIGN
2. ACADEMIC AND PRESIDENT OF THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SOLUTION NETWORK, JEFFREY SACHS, ON STAGE
3. (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) ACADEMIC AND PRESIDENT OF THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SOLUTION NETWORK, JEFFREY SACHS, SAYING:
“Market signals don’t protect nature, market signals don’t protect other species, market signals don’t protect the climate, the market signals don’t protect future generations, and the market signals do not protect the poor. That’s how market economy works: the market signals protect the rich who have the market demand.”
4. SACHS ON STAGE
5. (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) ACADEMIC AND PRESIDENT OF THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SOLUTION NETWORK, JEFFREY SACHS, SAYING:
“The top 18 countries in the world in sustainable development achievement are all European countries. And of the 25 countries ranked 24 of the 25 are in Europe. Japan is the only non-EU country in the world comes into the top 25. You are at the center of the global effort for sustainable development, and this is a good place to be because the future is about sustainable development.”
6. FOUNDER OF WAZE URI LEVINE ON STAGE
7. ATTENDEES LISTENING AT GMC
8. (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) FOUNDER OF WAZE URI LEVINE SAYING:
“Autonomous vehicles, we think about it as a solution but it’s not. If we don’t control and monitor the regulation, what is going to happen is that we are going to have so many autonomous vehicles looking for passengers or for logistics, for everything, that traffic jam are going to be even more severe. The nature of the beasts is the ratio between the numbers of passengers and the number of vehicles.”
9. LEVINE ON STAGE
10. ATTENDEES APPLAUDING
11. VARIOUS OF ATTENDEES AT EVENT
12. CEO AND CO-FOUNDER ADOO AI, AYESHA KANNA SPEAKING AT FORUM
13. (SOUNDBITE) (ENGLISH) CEO AND CO-FOUNDER ADOO AI, AYESHA KANNA SAYING:
“It’s basically bikes and it’s basically people walking with some autonomous vehicles. That is the vision of the 15-minutes city. Again, a place where you can be healthy, where you can exercise and where transportation is not really needed because most of your daily urban needs are walking distance or just 15 minutes by bike away.”
14. MADRID’S MAYOR Jose Luis Rodriguez ALMEIDA ARRIVING AT AUDITORIUM
15. (SOUNDBITE) (SPANISH) MADRID’S MAYOR Jose Luis Rodriguez ALMEIDA SAYING:
The enemy inside the mobility policies is not the vehicle. The enemy is pollution. We do not share that we don't reach the air quality standards. On the other hand we also need to talk about the use of public space. So we understand our sustainable mobility policies, need to adopt some restrictive measures but also create alternatives, all turning around the public transport.
16. ATTENDEES LISTENING AT FORUM
17. (SOUNDBITE) (SPANISH) SPANISH MINISTER OF INDUSTRY, TRADE AND TOURISM REYES MAROTO SAYING:
“Spain already has the conditions to lead the transformations of the new mobility ecosystem and the Global Mobility Call is a benchmark for defining a shared vision of all public and private agents on this new mobility. A space to work together to establish the foundations that will allow us to drive both industry and society towards a new opportunity.”
18. VARIOUS OF MAN RIDING DELIVERY BIKE
19. VARIOUS OF DELIVERY ROBOT FROM GOGGO PASSING BY VENUE
20. ELECTRIC BIRD BIKES
21. BIKE’S WHEEL
22. VARIOUS OF REPSOL ELECTRIC CHARGE POINT
23. LIGHTS REFLECTED ON CAR
24. VARIOUS OF EXPERTS AT FORUM
25. EXPERTS AT SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY STAND
26. VARIOUS OF EXPERTS TALKING AT STAGE
27. FUTURE SOCIETY FORUM SIGN
28. MADRID’S TRANSPORT SIGNS
29. GLOBAL MOBILITY SIGN
30. VARIOUS OF LEGO’S TRANSPORT PLATFORM