Backed by the Ministry of Transportation, Mobility and Urban Agenda (Mitma), Global Mobility Call was declared as an “Event of Exceptional Public Interest”. This means that the Administration of the State is strongly supporting this first major global international mobility congress, with the participation of the main industry sectors related to this ecosystem, to attract investment to develop integrated mobility.
Its declaration as an Event of Exceptional Public Interest was published in the Official State Gazette (BOE), pursuant to Royal Decree-law 3/2022 on steps to improve sustainability in transportation. With this acknowledgement, GMC received a boost to its promotion among participating companies and organisations, which also contributes to further interest in developing sustainable mobility, with the aim to make Spain a point of reference in this international ecosystem.
The decree considers that Global Mobility Call is a worldwide forum that aims to promote a global and multidisciplinary reflection on the current and future situation of sustainable mobility, thus reaching useful conclusions for improving people's lives and sustainable development.
The status as Event of Exceptional Public Interest for GMC associates it to the content of article 27 of Law 49/2002, dated 23 December, on tax status of not-for-profit organisations and on tax incentives for patronage.
Its prestige and experience in trade fairs endorse Global Mobility Call
IFEMA MADRID, with its renowned national and international prestige organising trade fairs and events, and 40 years of experience, has a long history in the area of mobility, having promoted various congresses and fairs pertaining to this ecosystem.
GMC is one of the most ambitious projects to date, as it comprises multiple industry sectors involved in the transition towards a more sustainable mobility in Spain and internationally, such as automotive, technology, transportation, logistics and connectivity, urban planning, infrastructure management, energy and others. It will also generate networking and contribute to presenting future solutions.
The event will have an exhibition area and a congress area, for conferences and round tables, and it will be held in-person, as well as on a digital platform open to participants.
IFEMA MADRID will house the stands of institutions and companies around five main lines that outline the industry development:
- New Urban Planning, focusing on the new urban models for energy efficiency, and mobility and connectivity focused on citizens;
- Economic Development & Regulation, focusing on economic stimulus based on new public-private cooperation frameworks, corporate ecosystems and regulatory schematics;
- Sustainable Transportation, to discuss the challenges of multimodal transportation, decarbonisation, planning and the best solutions;
- Tech, Data & Innovation, focusing on new technologies for infrastructure, data, automation and new services;
- and Future Society, that proposes a global public agenda to face the new emerging demographic and social challenges.