NONE-FREE USE FOR ALL
ASSOCIATED PRESS CONTENT SERVICES
Troy, N.Y. 19 May 2022
1. Shots of guests walking into new center
2. Soundbite (English) Arthur Golden, Trustee Chair of the Board
On behalf of the board, are authorizing the renaming of this building. It will no longer be the Center for Biotechnology and interdisciplinary studies. From now on is the Shirley-Anne Jackson PhD Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies.
3. Unveiling of New Center Name
4. Soundbite (English) Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
I'm extremely grateful for the trust that you placed in me during my tenure. And it has been an honor and a privilege to lead a university with this great legacy to new heights.
5. Soundbite (English) Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
I would like future generations to know that that I took the talents I had and the opportunities that I had to try to make a difference. And that is what I hope people see when they see my name on this building and know that I've had the opportunity to lead this institution and to do it for 23 years. And in the process, with the support of many, transform it.
But I always think of myself as a visionary, but a pragmatist to keep the big picture in mind, but to put all the pieces in place, to make things happen, but never lose sight of the goal. And that's what it took to do this. But I'm not just praising myself. I would never have done it without the colleagues I've had and the team.
6. Dr. Deepak Vashishth Professor at Rensselaer and Director of the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS)
You may ask that. Why, Rensselaer? And the idea is that we give a very new angle to human health.
7. Dr. Jonathan Dordick Institute Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Rensselaer and co-director of CEPM
It is a perfect opportunity to now recognize Dr. Jackson's role in our growth in biotechnology. By honoring her with naming the first academic and research building that she built here at Rensselaer in her honor.
8. Guests mingling
19 May 2022